home home lake superior communities citizens and schools
the streams
   Volunteer Activities     School Resources      Home and Garden     FAQ's     Resources   
issue issue issue issue issue


With 43 streams in just Duluth alone, it’s impossible for agency staff to keep track of all the out-of-the-ordinary changes that can occur in the hundreds of streams in our region. If you see something that doesn’t look right, smells bad, or see mud washing across a road, call or e-mail a City or State office to report it.


Call (or find e-mail address here):

  • Duluth Stormwater Utility: 218-730-4130 day or 730-4000 evening
  • Superior Environmental Services: 715-394-0392
  • MN Pollution Control Agency-Duluth: 218-723-4660
  • WI Dept of Natural Resources-Superior: 715-395-6907 or  395-6913
  • Regional Communities: See RSPT contacts.

Operating a motorized vehicle in a stream or wetland ...

In Duluth, MN it is illegal to do this on City land as covered by City Code 45-6.3, making all city land off-limits to ATVs, off-road motorcycles and trucks.
  • To make a report (non emergency, not requiring a patrol car to come to your location) call (218)730-5400
  • Emergency - call 9-1-1
  • Check on-line for more contact info
issue issue issue issue